Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Internet Banking


 

One day my husband arrived home and gave me a file with lots of papers and a small calculator-looking gadget. This gadget seems familiar to me as I had one similar when we were in Indonesia. I never got to use it. Have a guess why? Never understood it, never learned how to use it. Yes…it boils down to language problems. So I told my husband, oh I am never gonna use that coz I don't know what to do with it. A day later he told me I rather check how to use it because otherwise I would be going to the banks paying our bills. And imagine the line…..Huh but we only have T-com to pay, right? So I can manage that. End.


 

Then sometime I received from him a phone call informing me that our new car could now be picked up. BUT… the insurance must be paid first before we could drive it. And got to hurry because parking in the center costs a lot. Ah what to do? We live in Koliba and taking the bus and going to the bank is a two hour ordeal. He suggests to pay via the internet. Voila!


 

I open Tatra Bank's webpage and fortunately find an English version. I click on Internet Banking and the page asks me for a PID. I rummage through the 20 pages or so papers what that could be. I found it easily. Then it asked for Password. I assume that it is that code written on the same paper stating HESLO. I give it in. Nope. I give it again. Nope. Where the hell is that password? Until I find an closed envelope. I open it finding some 20 number and letter combination. Ah this must be the password. That paper with the PID and Heslo and other things ticked is the check list which they have given my husband. Aha. I am one step closer. Or so I think.


 

Then the webpage asks me for a Code. AGAIN? Please……Where do I get that code in which I should enter it without spaces? I probably need to use that calculator looking device now. I enter the card into the slot and it could actually "express" itself in English and then it asks me again of something. Have a guess! Right another PIN. Because I give in numbers again and again and it doesn't recognize it, I gave it up.


 

I call the bank. My time is running out to pay that insurance. I wait and wait and call again and nobody calls me back. I call my husband and tell him my frustration. Oh he says, why don't you try this number? So I did and it worked finally giving some numbers I could enter. Probably the code they were asking for. Now doing the transfer. I am asked to enter a number prefix of the account which I didn't find at all. It just never stops. Fortunately the bank calls me. Someone who could explain me everything after hours of trying to figure out how this should work out. In short, in order to enter you account via internet banking you must enter a code generated from the card reader. To attain this, you must enter your ATM pin. If making a payment via internet banking, then you should fill up the form and at the end you will be asked again for another code. If in the card reader you just ask a code, it will not match and the transfer of payment is not successful. Therefore, when making payments, press in the card reader payment/platba, enter the amount rounded up (without cents), enter bank account, enter variable number if asked, at the end a code will show up matching to the payment you have entered via internet banking. Then it is successful.


 

After understanding all of these, it all seems easy to do internet banking. Well, at the very beginning, everything would have been easy anyway if all was written in English.


 

Happy banking!

No comments:

Post a Comment