Saturday, November 12, 2011

Eating Indian

Visiting recently a restaurant with an Indian inspired menu, it reminded me to make a post about the three Indian restaurants I know here in Bratislava.

Long time ago, I ate in Ganesh Restaurant, then still located at the center. On two successive days I was there, once at the buffet and once for fine dining. The lunch buffet was made to attract the working crowd and is done at the upper floor of the restaurant. Priced at 5 Euros, one gets rice, dhal, Indian bread, and choose from a veggie dish or meat dish. Not sure if there was dessert. For the fine dining downstairs, the place was beautifully and stylishly Indian decorated. Much to my disappointment, the food was on the sweet side. I have never been back since then.

A new restaurant called Bacchus, with an unending range of wine choices, Indian and Slovak cuisine and the undeniably exquisite brick tunnel ambiance was great. I have been there three times, first to taste, then on invitation and third for a farewell to someone. With these three visits, I have done my trial and error on ordering. The Indian food was good but it was not to what I was used to in India. Great to stick here on curries.

My favorite one is a small sneaky place called Ashoka. Not exactly my taste how they did the interior but it is the food which makes me keep on coming back. The Palak Paneer is so good I always wish for another one. The butter chicken so creamy and homely. And when I eat there and the lady owner in her saree is keeping me company, it just reminds me of the good old days in Dehradun.

Ah I believe I have tasted an Indian fastfood too in Aupark. Unless you are really craving for Indian food......well.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment