Thursday, November 24, 2011

Schools in Bratislava

In one of my posts I mentioned about an older post regarding schools in Bratislava and after checking my blog, I realized that it does not exist at all. Sorry.

When we arrived, it was obvious for us that Adrian would be attending Kindergarten in the German School. It is small, cozy and young, both kindergarten and school. It was paradise for us that Adrian can finally experience what we always wanted him to have. A kindergarten which is more play and learn than learn and learn as what he had in Asia. I salute the German School for its gradual increase in students, but the last two years, they have tremendous increase in number of students that they have to open a new class in the kindergarten. All being prepared for entrance to grade school. And this year it has been a fully accredited school by Slovakia. Success is mild but underway.

Luckily, it was easy or no question at all where Adrian would go. After asking around, I know that the Danes and Japanese has similar teaching methods with the Americans and the Spanish with the French. But what about those other nationalities in which they are neither German, nor British, nor American, nor French and has to decide which school is best for their child. There are lots of factors (financial, future university, location, language, quality, existence of similar school in another country, etc) for this and is always a personal decision what to choose. But I will make this blog short and give one opinion what my husband said, "Choosing the school of your child is not letting him learn an extra language but fully bracing the culture of that school."

With that I hope it makes it clearer where your child will attend school.

Happy schooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment